For the past two weeks we have spent questionable amounts of time cheering on men in spandex and obsessing over sports we did not know existed. What other event could (peacefully) unite every country on the globe and manage to bring the Spice Girls back? Only the Olympics. Sadly, like all good things the games and priceless Bob Costas commentary had to come to an end. If you now have that melancholy, lost feeling you get when you have to go back to real life after a long, much-needed vacation, you are not alone. Here are some activities to help you nurse that Olympic hangover.
- Enroll in gymnastics. Spandex optional.
- Say hello to your Nigerian neighbors across the street – you now have something to discuss.
- Go outside.
- Shark Week, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Laugh at Michael Phelp’s new ad for Louis Vuitton where he can be seen partially submerged in a tub while wearing a suit and a pair of goggles while the overpriced bag conveniently sits beside him on a towel.
- Plan a trip to London. Take me with you?
- Buy, and read, Live to Give by my favorite, Austin Gutwein. He has founded his own charity organization to help those affected with AIDS, written two bestsellers and been featured in TIME magazine – all before his freshman year of college. You can learn more about Austin and his general awesomeness here. (I hear his publicist is really nice, too)
- Color in your Colour Me Good, Ryan Gosling 15-page coloring book. You can thank the UK for this excellent creation.
- Buy new running shoes, or actually use your running shoes.