To be fair, I was on the fence about Gwyn for years. Yes, she’s got the unattainable perfect blonde hair and porcelain gluten-free skin but is that enough? I specifically asked myself that very question after finally being allowed to watch Shakespeare in Love at the tender age of 14 when my mother gave in to my bribery. I had great taste in films even then! Okay, so as I watched the movie I realized the leading lady was a nice looking blonde who spoke too slowly, although I noted maybe Shakespeare was to blame for that last oddity.
Years later, aka LAST YEAR, I ended up randomly watching a lot of her films –including Country Strong, OY – and reading about her in my favorite magazines and online outlets where she was suddenly an expert on everything from skincare to eating clean. This counts as exhaustive research, so I’ve since worked through the fact that she named her kids after fruit and a major Biblical character, respectively, and grown to love her for who she is: an Oscar-winning Actress turned NYT Bestselling Author who is married to a Mr. Coldplay. As if that wasn’t enough, she has been deemed MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN BEYONCE. Let that sink in for a moment.
So for all of you non-believers/haters, I present to you 8 reasons to adore Gwyn:
- She is 40 years old and looks like this.
- Her list of past-suitors sounds like the Oscar red carpet line-up: Brad Pitt (in his prime), Ben Affleck & Luke Wilson.
- She’s married to Chris Martin and all signs point to a happy, healthy marriage. Say you don’t love Coldplay and I’ll say you’re a liar.
- Leonardo DiCaprio inspired her to become a vegetarian.
- Her favorite look? Jeans and a t-shirt with minimal make-up. (In love, yet?)
- “I feel my most beautiful when I am truly myself. Meaning, when I accept exactly where I am in time and space, and I’m not judging myself in any way, and I feel that I have the peace that comes with loving yourself and all of your flaws,” she told People.
- Her kids eat healthier on the daily than most adults I know but Gwyneth does let them eat Oreos and Cheetos. Hello, Mom of the Year.
- She and Chris go on double dates with Jay-Z and Beyonce on the regular, telling Harper’s Bazaar in a recent interview they have a lot in common: “We’re all calm, grounded people.” Word!