I guess you could say winter isn’t my thing. Temperatures below 45? Not my jam. This whole polar vortex thing? Completely unacceptable. While I am praying for warmer weather, I realize it’s only January and therefore we’re looking at winter for a couple more months at least. To keep us all jolly and full of positivity necessary to accomplish those new years goals, I’ve listed some favorite activities to keep us going so look alive!
- See a movie. It’s Oscar season and the movies are good. Also, popcorn is always a good decision.
- Try a new class at the gym or keep on with an old favorite. Look, there was a substitute teacher at my spin class last night and not only did he resemble a balding, younger Richard Simmons but he attempted to life coach us all for 60 minutes through too many confusing analogies. I wanted to punch him in the face but you know what? I had a great work out and for that I am thankful.
- Wear some color. There isn’t much black on black can’t fix but in the drab of winter, sometimes a pop of color is just what the doctor ordered.
- Go hear some live music. This is the best time to see a show – indoors – because you’re fine with all the body heat. Jessie Baylin is playing her first show in two years on the 17th and I can hardly wait – get your tickets now, Nashville.
- Cook. One of my goals for 2014 is to do more of this – maybe your’s is too? Experiment in the kitchen and add plenty of spices to warm things up. Let Google and various food blogs be your guide.