August is coming to a close – can you believe it? – and while it doesn’t feel like it right now, Fall is almost here. (YAY!) So in an attempt to be present and appreciate the here and now, I’ve thought about some ways to enjoy these last days of summer before we bid the heat farewell. Who’s in?
- Grab a magazine and an extra large ice water and head to the pool for one last hurrah! SPF required.
- Wear your favorite sundress and strappy sandals to run errands or for date night!
- Grab some peaches and make this. (NOM)
- Wear white from head to toe because hey! you still can.
- Get your HGTV on and DIY something, whether that’s giving your kitchen a fresh coat of paint or giving your doormat a facelift that all your guests will ooh and ahh over.
- Go to a late movie and don’t feel bad one bit for eating too many sour punch straws and popcorn.
- Take full advantage of your hammock and relax for a while underneath the stars.
- Have a porch? Grab some sweet tea and good friends and sit for a while.
- Work on your fitness outdoors. Tennis, running, or touch football anyone?
- Popsicles at the park. If you’re in Nashville, might I suggest here.