The temps finally dipped below 60 this morning so I sipped my coffee with the windows open, letting the cool breeze pour into the house that I recently filled with all the fall colors.
Mr. Fitzgerald famously said that “Life starts all over again when it gets crips in the fall” and I could not could not agree more. There’s something invigorating about the changing of the season and having a front row seat to the leaves turning to the most gorgeous fiery colors. Whether you prefer pumpkin in your spice or not you have to admit there’s nothing sweeter than autumn in the South. Crisp morning air. College football. Pumpkins everywhere. Halloween candy. Oversized sweaters with boots. It flies by so as to not miss out on any autumnal fun, I’ve made a list of things I’m looking forward to this fall.
- Bake some pumpkin goodies and share with our neighbors
- Spend a night by the fire pit (s’mores are a must)
- Annual family trip to the pumpkin patch
- Unplug for the weekend
- Spend a whole Saturday watching football
- Mother/Daughter trip to Bell Buckle, TN to their annual fall arts and crafts fair
- Take plenty of long walks with Annie to take in all the pretty fall colors
- Have a Halloween movie night with the classics (Hocus Pocus and Charlie Brown, of course)
- Eat dinner outside as much as possible
- Buy too much candy for trick-or-treaters (so I can justify eating 8 reese’s cups)
- Outdoor coffee date with girlfriends
- Host a couples costume Halloween party
- Carve pumpkins then toast the seeds
- Take Annie trick-or-treating/trunk-or-treating (costume inspo)
- Try new soup recipes (looking at this, this and this)
- Visit the Safari Park and picnic after
- Host a Friendsgiving supper
- Curl up with a good book
- Visit the farmer’s market and indulge in my favorite donut
- Write hand-written thank you notes and send via snail mail
What are you most looking forward to this season?